Intel Parallel Studio XE
Code New Breakthroughs in Software Performance
This comprehensive suite of development tools makes it simpler to build and modernize code with the latest techniques in vectorization, multithreading, multinode parallelization, and memory optimization. It enables C, C++, Fortran, and Python* software developers to:
- Create faster code: Boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel® platforms.
- Build code faster: Simplify the process of creating parallel code.
- Get Priority Support: Connect directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions.
Modernize Code for Performance, Scalability, and Portability
- Write applications that scale with improved parallel performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions.
- Vectorize and thread your code using OpenMP* to take advantage of the latest SIMD-enabled hardware, including Intel AVX-512.
- Speed up AI inferencing with compilers from Intel, Intel® Performance Libraries, and analysis tools that support Intel® Deep Learning Boost with Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) in 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Develop for large memories of up to 512 GB DIMMs with persistence. Identify, optimize, and tune Intel platforms for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory using Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Use extended coarse-grain profiling with platform-level collection and analysis in Intel VTune Profiler to understand and optimize platform configuration for applications.
- Perform cache simulation insights for vectorization with roofline analysis for L1, L2, L3, and DRAM in Intel® Advisor.
- Support for the HPC cloud helps you take advantage of the AWS* Parallel Cluster* and AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter for low-latency, high-bandwidth communications for MPI applications with the Intel® MPI Library.
- Stay up to date with the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++ 2017 support with initial C++20 support
- Full Fortran 2008 and expanded Fortran 2018
- Python 3.7 support
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 integration
- Supports an additional operating system: Amazon Linux 2*.
Intel Parallel Studio comes in three key editions based on your development needs.
Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition
Intel Parallel Studio XE delivers outstanding performance for your applications as they run on systems using Intel Core or Xeon processors, including Xeon Phi coprocessors, and IA-compatible processors.
- Intel C++ Compiler – industry-leading C and C++ application performance with built-in advanced parallelism support with Intel Cilk Plus and OpenMP support.
- Intel Distribution for Python
- Intel OpenMP – implement scalable parallelism using OpenMP 5.0 standard. Compatible with all C, C++, and Fortran compilers using standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Intel Cilk Plus – the simplest way to add scalable vector and task parallelism – using only three keywords.
- Intel Math Kernel Library – extensive C, C++, and Fortran compatible math library that uses standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Intel Threading Building Blocks – widely used C++ template library with a rich set of components to efficiently implement higher-level, task-based parallelism.
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives – optimised C++ library of software functions for multimedia processing, data processing, and communications applications.
Intel Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition
The Professional Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer Edition, plus:
- Intel Inspector XE – quickly find memory leaks and memory allocation errors, locate difficult-to-find threading errors like data races and deadlocks and detect out of bounds accesses and dangling pointers.
- Intel VTune Amplifier XE – collect a rich set of data to tune CPU and GPU compute performance, multicore scalability, bandwidth, and more. Sort, filter, and visualise results for quick insight into performance bottlenecks and automate regression tests and collect data remotely using the powerful command line.
- Intel Advisor XE – analyse, design, tune, and check your threading design before implementation, explore and test threading options without disrupting normal development and predict thread errors and performance scaling on systems with more cores.
Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition
The Cluster Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer and Professional Editions, plus:
- Intel MPI Library – performance-optimised MPI Library with sustained scalability: low latencies, higher bandwidth, and increased processes.
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector – powerful MPI communications profiling and analysis with low overhead and effective visualization.
Check-out the video on Intel Parallel Studio XE here.
Software Sources Ltd. is serving as Intel Software Channel Partner for Israel.